|This page is a Wiki Project.|
- 1 AIM OF THIS WIKI PROJECT
- 2 WORKFLOW
- 3 NOT YET FINISHED
- 4 ALREADY FINISHED
- 5 NO WIKI CHANGE NECESSARY
AIM OF THIS WIKI PROJECT
Update the entire Squad Wiki to the current version v18 of Squad.
See all Release Versions.
- If you find changelog line that do no have any effect on the wiki, move it from section #Not yet finished to section #No Wiki Change Necessary. Ideally, we do this clean-up process first to then focus on actual work for the wiki.
- From section #Not yet finished, pick a changelog line you want to work on. Update the wiki according to the changelog. Maybe more than one page will be affected by one changelog line - so you have to know the wiki pages to find all the places that might need updating. If unsure, ask Usgu. some suggestions where changelogs should go on the wiki have been added. Also, apply some thought how and where to best include the new information on the wiki.
- When you are done, move the changelog line to section #Already finished. Please also list the wiki pages you have updated for this changelog - this makes it easier for other editors to see what you have done.
NOT YET FINISHED
- Updated minimum rearming for persistent ammo from 3 mags to 2 mags.
- Updated brightness for DSHK and Beretta M9A1.
- Updated the Vehicle Emergency Accident Recovery option in the Radial Menu UI for the Helicopters to be hidden for now – this feature is currently not supported with Helicopters.
- Fixed the Support Action category image for the commander list.
- Removed Buddy Rally feature from all factions exception Insurgents. -> Rally point
- Updated A10/SU25 airstrike “inbound” delay timer to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).
- Updated Commander ticket cost to 2 tickets (down from 5). -> Commander
- Added Abandoned Vehicle Cleanup System – Unoccupied Vehicles that are in the field and not in 150m proximity of a friendly RP or FOB, a 20-minute timer causes the vehicle to start taking burning damage. This system is intended to reduce the amount of long-abandoned vehicles in the field, while not being too heavy-handed with player’s choosing to park their vehicles strategically (or “capture” enemy vehicles for some time.) -> Vehicles
NO WIKI CHANGE NECESSARY
- Added CAF fixed theme music upon joining (using the USA as a placeholder for now).
- Added CAF fixed win/defeat themes (using the USA as a placeholder for now).
GAMEPLAY MAP LAYERS
- Added new map layers: CAF Narva RAAS v1 and CAF Tallil Outskirts RAAS v1.
- Updated CAF map layers to use a soft map boundary system.
- Updated Main Menu Entry Map – Helicopter sounds are now much quieter.
- Al Basrah Invasion v1 – fixed glitched temp ammo crate @ VCP.
- Belaya Invasion v1 fixed a minor naming issue with random CP’s.
- Chora RAAS v1 – fixed Radio Station having the wrong CP name.
- Gorodok – lowered max altitude for Helicopters from 1500m to 800m.
- Mutaha TC v1 updated to include soft boundaries.
- Narva RAAS v1 fixed CPs having offset names that were misleading to where the actual cap zone was.
- Narva Invasion v1 adjusted vehicle layout.
- Yehorivka Invasion v2 – Tweaked vehicle layout to give USA more capability.
- CAF Kamdesh Invasion v1 – Fixed black minimap, added randomized CPs, and fog of war.
- CAF Kohat Invasion v1 – fixed TAPV being woodland instead of arid.
- CAF Kohat Invasion v1 – fixed Insurgent protection zone no deploy being too large, preventing insurgents from building on the Radio Tower CP.
- CAF Manic-5 fixed main base helipads from being too high off the ground.
- CAF Manic-5 RAAS v1 fixed not being able to lean inside specific capture points.
- CAF Manic-5 RAAS v3 fixed US ammo crates not resupplying.
- CAF Manic-5 RAAS v4 fixed capture points not working.
- CAF Manic-5 Invasion v1 & v2 fixed not being able to lean inside certain capture zones
- CAF Manic-5 Invasion v2 fixed USA ammo crates not being useable.
- CAF Manic-5 Skirmish v1 / v2 disabled Commander.
- CAF Manic-5 Skirmish v1 fixed sunken ammo crate at CAF main.
- CAF Nanisivik Invasion v1 fixed flipped LUVA1’s.
- CAF Yehorivka RAAS v1 fixed ammo crates at CAF main.
- Updated collisions on 118 trees with a new set standard collision so that the top third (bendy part) of all trees no longer have a collision. This is especially relevant for helicopter pilots.
- Reduced large 4k foliage textures to 2k, where they did not need that high fidelity for performance improvements.
- Updated Middle East power poles so that projectiles no longer collide with them.
- Updated Oak and Birchwood materials to allow projectile penetration.
- Fixed visual artifacts and missing mesh pieces on Industrial Office.
- Fixed collision and LODs on several Middle Eastern urban buildings.
- Fixed LOD popping on urban residential buildings, construction crane, dirt/rubble piles, and European grassy cliffs.
- Fixed floating geometry/bad collision on a rubble afghan house.
- Fixed several cliff physmat issues.
- Fixed gas cylinders missing geo on their interior faces and material to avoid unnatural “glowing” effect.
- Fixed door frames on the urban building, added simple garage doors.
- Fixed oak shrub material issues.
- Fixed bunker corridor textures.
- Fixed crotalaria bush LODs.
- Fixed back face on the roof trim of Eastern European houses.
- Fixed hole in roof and stairs on Middle Eastern urban building and fixed material errors.
- Fixed Middle Eastern residential building not allowing things like deployables/ammo bags to be placed on the roof of the building.
- Fixed the woodshed LOD2 tri reduction setting, so the holes in the rear wood planks now remain visible at far distances.
- Fixed Z-fighting near stairs, UV mapping on the part of the window frame and LOD polycounts, and transition distances on Middle Eastern block building.
- Fixed police station building static’s windows so players can no longer jump through them.
- Fixed upper wood planks collision on yeho destroyed barn buildings.
- Fixed invisible walkway on the upper exterior of the European yellow residential building.
- Fixed wooden house antennae using the wrong texture and having a misaligned door.
- Fixed visible gaps in ornate house seams.
- Fixed floating decals and incorrect collision on several Middle Eastern compound houses.
- Added a “No Deploy Zone” at the same depth as the pain volume to prevent players from glitching FOB radios into the bottom of rivers.
- Updated the shadows not to be drawn on grass, crops, and trash for optimization.
- Fixed floating trash foliage in grid F8-9-6.
- Fixed floating road spline in grid F7.
- Fixed floating trash and wood planks at Basrah Airport.
- Fixed incorrect Ground Physmats near poppy production POI, causing very slow vehicle driving.
- Fixed a couple of floating buildings in POI Nikola.
- Updated RU Main Base on AAS v2 to have a larger opening for vehicles leaving Main.
- Fixed some triangle lighting artifacts inside buildings.
- Fixed water canal spillage near Radio Station POI.
- Fixed compound walls that players could walk through grid G9-7-7.
- Fixed jagged road edges on Fools Road.
- Adjusted gaps between trailers at FOB Papanov.
- Fixed tunnel wall glitch exploits.
- Fixed broken materials on Fools road tunnels.
- Fixed floating tree near Homestead.
- Added more details to POI’s in the NW sector, adding several new trench defense positions.
- Updated Gorodok Minimap.
- Updated Lighting.
- Reduced fog density.
- Fixed field brightness values.
- Fixed floaters and other smaller issues.
- Fixed industrial building sign frame and piping having wrong, incorrect texture.
- Fixed floating bush grid C5-1-8.
- Added BMP-2 and CAF vehicles to the Vehicle Armor Diorama.
- Updated the outdated Landscape & Foliage on one of the oldest maps, increasing the texture quality up to the standard of more recent Squad maps.
- Updated cull volume settings for better performance optimization.
- Updated lighting layers.
- Removed inadequate performance greenhouses.
- Added road from SE main and several other small POI improvements.
- Updated terrain detail painting.
- Updated Mutaha minimap.
- Updated cull distance for medium and large statics so they won’t cull in the UAV view.
- Updated Police station razor wire fence to have a pain volume.
- Updated two building clusters to use wider wall openings.
- Updated the interior of a grape dryer building due to blocked stairs.
- Fixed floating wall in grid F3-4-7.
- Fixed some floating splines.
- Fixed double moon on the Mutaha dusk layer.
- Fixed Mutaha compound walls having the wrong physmat for the metal lattice.
- Fixed LOD distances to avoid decal popping.
- Fixed Old Hospital window frame UV’s.
- Fixed Apartment Building missing faces and gaps in doorways.
- Fixed water plane texture flickering depending on the viewing angle.
- Fixed Building near Geneva Apts having windows that back onto another building.
- Fixed player collision on Narva’s small birch trees.
- Fixed player collision on the chimney of a small industrial building.
- Fixed player collision on Narva’s train depot building.
- Fixed some trees that were clipping through buildings.
- Increased view distance to ~1500m and decreased fog density.
- Updated fog color.
- Updated cull distance of small foliage rocks on Tallil to render further out.
- Fixed multiple missing faces on the Damaged Aircraft Bunker concrete slab section.
- Fixed Aggressive bush popping on LOD’s.
- Fixed cement slab debris not having collision grid F7-5-3.
- Fixed rock formation allowing players to lean into rocks grid J6-5-9.
- Fixed floating grapevines in Eridu (replaced with Olive Trees).
- Updated Skorpo’s minimap to include short tunnel (from Korsneset to Halcene) and shallow shoals on the coast near Marina.
- Updated Skorpo to soft map boundaries on many map layers.
- Fixed Norwegian House LOD materials.
- Added more detail to the Training Camp area.
- Fixed various floating trash NW of Walled Courts.
- Fixed moon banding on the ultra-dynamic sky (AAS_v1).
- Fixed incorrect vehicle collision on Wood bridge in grid B3-2-3.
- Updated Belovia POI with more detail for infantry gameplay.
- Updated other POI for small gameplay enhancements and improvements.
- Updated Yehorivka Minimap.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- Updated MapRotation.cfg for B18 with new CAF maps.
- Removed lightbulb statics from Main Base helipads.
- Removed broken depth of field toggle from admin cam.
- TAPV is using MATV wreck as a placeholder.
- Commander – Map icon for Commander shows up on the Map as the SL’s Squad number, instead of a Star. This is going to be fixed in a future update to align the map CO icon with all the other icons for CO, which is a star.
- Commander – When the commander changes to the UAV camera, he cannot hear local audio anymore, even though he still sees local audio transmissions in the bottom left corner. Others can still hear him when he talks. Additionally, when leaving the UAV camera, he hears all of the local audio broadcasts at the same time, originating from the point where they were initially transmitted from – even if the person doing the transmission has moved afterward.
- Commander – A10 gun run & SU25 rocket strike sometimes lands way off-target. We have narrowed down this issue to the Commander CAS marker being placed near/on top of building statics, causing the A10 / SU25 to fly at a high altitude, which throws off the targeting — working on a solution for this to come in a future update.
- Helicopter Tail Rotor component currently can only take damage from collisions with the ground, statics, and other vehicles. Projectile damage to tail rotors comes in a future update.
- Helicopters have various handling tweaks, damage values, and small bugs that are being addressed in a future update.
- Vehicle Reset Feature does not currently work with Helicopters.
- Clients frequently crash at the end of a round, upon map switch, due to a UE4 Particle Crash bug upon seamless map travel. Actively pursuing a fix for this crash.
- When clients get a crash to desktop and the Crash Reporter appears, pressing “Send and Restart Squad” will restart Squad without EAC, which prevents players from joining most public servers. The workaround solution, for the time being, is to press “Send and Close.” A proper fix for this issue is under investigation.
- Occasional client crashes in various circumstances. Detailed crash reports help us fix things faster, and we truly appreciate those that have filled out and sent crash reports.
- Players occasionally spawn without full ammo on their first spawn on a server. This occurs if a player was in the match during the map switch but did not spawn during the staging phase. We are actively investigating a fix for this bug.
- Occasionally a player does not spawn at a Rally Point. This often happens when numerous players are spawning in at the same time — actively investigating a fix for this bug.
- Server performance may periodically dip when a server has a high population and high load. We are continuously working to improve server performance and optimization.
- Occasionally Self-bandaging fails. We are actively investigating a fix for this issue.
- The CP Icon (Capture Point / Flag) will sometimes not show up on a client’s HUD in the RAAS game mode. This is related to the RAAS “Lanes” feature. We are investigating a fix for this issue.
- Insurgent HAB still has a spawning issue where there’s a chance the player spawns on top of the model instead of inside it — actively investigating a fix for this bug.
- ATGM projectiles desync for other players that are not the gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the actual synced projectile. This is an inherent problem, and the solution is in the long term.
- Vehicles parking brake gets stuck “On” if a player exits the vehicle while holding the parking brake (Default Spacebar). When encountering a vehicle that appears healthy but is not able to move, try hitting Spacebar to turn the parking brake “Off’ — investigating a fix for this issue.
- “Alt-tabbing” out of Squad during a loading screen freezes the client. The recommended solution, for now, is to run in the “Borderless” mode.
- Ammo rack component (on IFVs and Tanks) takes a very long time to repair.
- Audio module for Squad is initialized at the game start. If a Player does not have a microphone plugged in at launch, or accidentally unplug their microphone and then plug it back in, Squad needs to be restarted to get the microphone to work again.
- SFX bug while Firing in full auto. If the player presses the fire button for a short period, the sound effect gives the impression that you fired more rounds then you did.
- Localization for most language translations is currently out of date. We plan to push a full localization pass when we are much closer to full release and are locking down all the text that needs to be translated for the game.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – Insurgent / Militia Handheld Drone does not move in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – UAV hovers in one position instead of moving along the flight path in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – CAS does not do damage in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Vehicles: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Tracks, Wheels, and other components are not destructible while on the Jensen’s Range in Local play.
- Local/Offline Bug with Weapon damages: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Weapon damages with both Infantry and Vehicle weapons are not accurately replicated.
- Local/Offline Bug with Scoped Emplacements: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, if a player exits an Emplacement while looking through the scope, the Scope remains on the Player’s HUD until they get back in the Emplacement and then Scope out.
- Updated Indirect Fire Shelter deployable to be much more resilient to Explosives, Mortars and Artillery projectiles.
- Updated Interact Zone for deployables – increasing the interact zone so now shovels can interact with deployables from farther away.
- Fixed the Vehicle Bay on Jensen’s range, so it now allows up to 3 vehicles spawned in the world at one time from each Vehicle Bay.
- Fixed having to enter a Deployable Emplacement by holding the ‘F’ key – now it is a keypress.
- Fixed INS FOB Radio having higher hp and different damage values to the other FOB Radios.
- Updated GB crewman and pilot face to not have face camo.
- Updated GB Rifleman1 to have a camouflaged face.
- Updated infantry smoke grenade fx to be better optimized with a more efficient texture and particle cutouts.
- Updated smoke grenades to have no light emitters for improved performance.
- Updated LAT, Tandem, TOW impact VFX against armor (fewer emitters, more performance).
- Updated CAF Carl G Tandem projectile’s minimum arming distance to ~40-50m (was 80+m).
- Fixed being able to sprint during bandaging – cannot do this anymore.
- Fixed the headset on the British soldier being too reflective.
- Fixed GB Engineer having an iron site icon instead of a SUSAT icon in the role selection menu.
- Fixed rockets having no impact FX on the sand.
- Fixed infantry bodies being visible inside smoke grenade clouds.
- Fixed smoke effects resetting when changing Effects settings during gameplay.
- Fixed previous weapons still being equipped after changing kits in a vehicle.
- Fixed exploit where Players that disconnect from a server do not take tickets away from that team – (When an Incapacitated player disconnects, they take away a ticket. When a Live active player disconnects, they do not take away a ticket).
- Fixed kit limits and inventory for CAF Rifleman Kits.
- Fixed CAF Crewman SL, Pilot SL being in the wrong order.
- Fixed a few inconsistencies in CAF kits.
- Fixed C8A3 Eotech rifle not having any firing animations on the rifle.
- Fixed ET552 reticle being misaligned between the C8A3 Eotech and C8 M203 Eotech variants.
- Fixed C14 reticle being offset from the center, making marker creation via Radial being offset.
- Updated lean raycast to be more robust (less potential for full wall clipping).
- Fixed Soft Map Boundary not always working when helicopters fly too far out of bounds.
- Fixed T72B3 zeroing on the AP, HEAT, Frag, and Coax weapons.
- Fixed MATV Woodland wreck showing desert skin.
- Fixed Technical DShK – fixed spelling on the interactable popup (wrong lower cases).
- Fixed CAF M939 Transport Truck not having ammo resupply, crewman request, and vehicle recovery options.
- Fixed helicopter instrument panel reflections to align with local space instead of world space to prevent rotation.
- Fixed BFV TOW arming distance, should be the same as the emplaced TOW now.
- Fixed TAPV blurry driver’s seat.
- Fixed TAPV M2 gun being offset while moving and driving.
- Fixed issue with MATV asphalt dust blinding the player.
- Fixed missing reload sounds on T-72.
- Fixed Leo2A6 wreck having missing faces.
- Fixed TAPV Driver having his feet poke out of the TAPV’s chassis.
- Fixed Leo2A6 incorrect UI hint with seat 4 “Q” key.
- Fixed third-person camera breaking when the player flies far away and then flies close by again, then switches to the soldier in UAV.
- Fixed Client Crash when a commander is trying to access actions in a specific way.
- Fixed UAV z-fighting issues by adding a near clip plane for UAV users.
- Fixed INS & MIL Spandrel not being a valid vehicle to activate the Commander Support Actions
- Fixed not being able to enter the UAV view (button appeared to be missing in some circumstances).
- Fixed specific command actions closing the UAV view unintentionally.
- Fixed CO being able to retain commander abilities active status after getting in a vehicle when near a hab.
- Fixed incorrect voice over lines for RUS, GB, INS Commander.