|This page is a Server Troubleshooting Issue|
This problem can be diagnosed via the following symptoms:
- being unable to switch to a layer or level via the command line
- being unable to switch to a layer or level via RCON tools like Battlemetrics
This problem could have multiple causes:
- Layers or Levels excluded
- Mods not correctly loaded
- Human Error / Typos
Layer / Level excluded
Since the V2 Squad update, layer can be blacklisted through the ExcludedLayers & ExcludedLevels config, preventing the server from loading the specified layer / level.
This cause is mostly observed with Jensen's Range, as it is excluded by default.
1) Open the ExcludedLayers / ExcludedLevels config in a text editor (notepad is just fine). These files can be found in the server install directory under the path
2) Delete the Layer / Level you want to enable
3) Save the file & restart your server
1) Open the config file using a editor tool like nano
nano <path to file>
2) Replicate step two as described above
3) Save your changes pressing lctrl+ x
Attach to your container using the following command, then follow the steps as described for the LINUX section.
docker exec attach -it <container> bash
Mod not loaded
Remove the mod(s), and delete the SteamCMD download cache. Then re-download.
Typo in the layer name
If you are trying to load a modded map, please refer to the mods workshop page.
- n / a