Middle Eastern Alliance
|Maps Available||Al Basrah, Belaya Pass, Fallujah, Goose Bay, Gorodok, Jensen's, Kamdesh Highlands, Kohat Toi, Lashkar Valley, Manic-5, Mutaha, Narva, Skorpo, Tallil Outskirts, Yehorivka|
The T-62 is a Soviet main battle tank that was first introduced in 1961. As a further development of the T-55 series, the T-62 retained many similar design elements of its predecessor including low profile and thick turret armor. In contrast with previous tanks, which were armed with rifled tank guns, the T-62 was the first tank armed with a smoothbore tank gun that could fire APFSDS rounds at high velocities. While the T-62 became the standard tank in the Soviet arsenal, it did not fully replace the T-55 in export markets due to its higher manufacturing costs and maintenance requirements compared to its predecessor. Although the T-62 was replaced in Russia and the successor states of the Soviet Union, it is still used in some countries and its design features became standardized in subsequent Soviet and Russian mass-produced tanks.
The T-62 is available to the Insurgents, Irregular Militia and Middle Eastern Alliance on a limited number of maps. Although not as powerful or heavily armored as the more modern tanks, The T-62 is a nimble tank with a low profile and should not be underestimated.
- The T-62 has a 4-man crew; a Driver, Gunner, Commander, and Loader. In addition to the crew, it is the only main battle tank capable of transporting troops. A total of 4 passengers can travel on the back of the tank; however, they are directly exposed to enemy fire.
- The driver has access to an engine smoke generator to emit a smoke screen for defensive purposes.
- The gunner can fire three different types of ammunition from the 115mm 2A20 cannon: (12) 3BM4 armor-piercing sabot rounds, (8) BK-4M high explosive anti-tank rounds, and (20) OF-11 high explosive fragmentation rounds. A 7.62mm PKT coaxial machine gun is also present. The rounds fired by the T-62 are similar to the T-72 but lack guided missiles and are weaker. In comparison, the T-62 has a surplus of fragmentation rounds which are deadly against infantry. The gun features two levels of zoom, but lacks a digital rangefinder. It still has analog rangefinding marks on the sights and stabilization for the main gun however. The average reload speed of the main gun is 9 seconds, equating to around 6.6 rounds per minute. This is currently the slowest in-game.
- The Commander has a dedicated periscope with two levels of zoom to assist the gunner in acquiring and ranging targets. Unlike other main battle tanks in the game, the T-62 lacks the commander hunter-killer feature.
- With the rollout of Alpha 14, the T-62 has an additional crew seat in the form of a shielded DShK-M heavy machine gun.
- The top-mounted DShK-M shakes the user's view when firing and leaves the operator very exposed so it's best to only use it in critical situations when the gunner is unable to acquire a close threat. It also moves along with the turret like other pintle-mounted machine guns as it is not stabilized.
- The MEA T-62 has the loader's DShK replaced with an NSVT, the same one used by the T-72 tanks, albeit without turret proper stabilization and hunter-killer functionality. This can prove detrimental to the loader when engaging targets while on the move, or when the turret is being turned. The sights also don't work properly, wherein the reticle and range markers do not zoom in when the sight zoom button (Z) is pressed. Despite this, MEA T-62 has no Crewman is exposed while operating it, just like the FV4034 and T-72 tanks.
- The T-62 holds a total of 300 ammunition points infantry can use to resupply or change kits. Similar to all other tanks, only crewman kits can be acquired from the T-62. The driver can also resupply a Forward Operating Base with the available ammunition points.
- Like the Leopard 2A6M of the Canadian Army, the T-62 is one of two tanks in the game modeled with 2 ammo racks. One is in the hull under the turret while the other one is in the front right side of the tank next to the driver. This presents another weakspot for anti-tank weapons to hit. The T-62's armor is also among the weakest of all tanks in the game but the low height makes up for this somewhat.
|Main Armament||115 mm U-5TS smoothbore gun||115 mm||3BM-4 Armor-Piercing Sabot||12|
|BK-4M High Explosive Anti-Tank||8|
|Secondary Armament||PKT||7.62 mm||2000|
|Insurgents/Militia T-62 Loader MG||DShK-M||12.7 mm||6x 100|
|MEA T-62 Loader MG||NSVT||12.7 mm||2x 150|
Vehicle info sheet