How to spawn/respawn
When you join a server or when a new match starts, you will see the Team Selection screen after a short loading time.
Now select a Team to join to bring up the spawn screen. You can also bring up the spawn screen at any time in the game. You close the spawn screen by pressing ↵ Enter again.
To spawn, select the spawnpoint of your choice on the spawn screen with the Left-Mouse-Button and hit Spawn. ↵ Enter on your keyboard again (or just double-click) – this will spawn you into the game. To de-select a spawnpoint, just click anywhere on the map.
There might be several reasons that prevent you from spawning right away.
- You have not selected an SP on the map.
- After you previously died and depending on your selected spawn location, there may be a spawn timer at the bottom right-hand corner which needs to expire before you can spawn.
- In some game modes, you cannot spawn within a certain period of time at the start of a new match – a pre-round timer will count down until you are allowed to spawn.
- If you are currently in the incapacitated state, you need to click GIVE UP before you can respawn (see: Health Management). It is highly recommended you wait for a medic to revive you instead of quickly giving up.
Make sure you have read about the different types of Spawn Points. It is also recommended to join an existing squad before spawning – this will provide you more spawn options. The spawn screen is a very important tool for you which you will use often in-game. So let's explain its different parts and functions in more detail.
To respawn, open up the console and type the command "respawn". Be aware that respawning counts as suicide and incurs a long respawn timer. Only use respawning as your last option or when specifically requested by your Squad Leader.
|Team / Squad tab||Role tab||Spawn / Chat Tab||Map|
Here is what you do with the different tabs:
- In the Team tab, you can choose which squad you want to play for. You can also join, create or leave a squad in your team.
- In the Role tab you select a role/kit.
- In the Role Quick Select you can quickly see which Roles are free and usable.
- In the Spawn / Chat Tab you can see which spawns are usable and you can Chat with All / Team / Squad.
- The map is used to spawn and see an overview of the battlefield situation.