|Capacity||10-round detachable box magazine|
|“||The SVD (Dragunov) rifle is a semi-automatic gas-operated rifle developed in the 1950s to serve as a means to give the individual squad more long-range firepower. Much like the AKM, the SVD can be seen as an export weapon to a number of former Soviet countries and can be found in the hands of many militia and insurgent groups. It comes equipped with a 4x PSO-1 scope that has a built in bullet drop compensator (BDC) as well as range adjustment options out to 1000m.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The SVD rifle was designed by Yevgeny Dragunov in 1958, and was adopted by the Soviet Army in 1963 and later the Russian Ground Forces in 1991. This DMR is very popular and mainly used as the standard DMR for post Warsaw Pact nations and rebels.
The SVD is mounted with a PSO-1 telescopic sight which provides 4x zoom and incorporates a thin barrel, dust cover, gas-piston system, iron sights, lever safety selector, flash suppressor, and a unique wood stock design. The gun uses 10-round detachable magazines. It uses 7.62x54mmR cartridges.
- Can be fired only on semi-automatic.
- The SVD box magazine holds 10 rounds.
- The SVD is used by the Insurgents and the Irregular Militia in the Marksman kit. The modernized variant known as the SVDM is used by the Russian Ground Forces.
- The PSO-1 sight allows marksmen to engage targets beyond 300-400 meters, and as a semi-automatic, the SVD is competent in close combat if need be.
The SVD has very strong bullet drop, when compared to the automatic AK weapons in Squad.
- The SVD stands for Snayperskaya Vintovka sistemy Dragunova (Снайперская Винтовка системы Драгунова) which translate from Russian to English, "Sniper Rifle of the Dragunov System".
- SVD on Wikipedia
- Irregular Militia
- SVD vs. M110 - Including all available information about the SVD.