|Users||Russian Ground Forces|
|Capacity||45-round detachable box magazine|
|Fire Mode||Semi-Automatic or Fully Automatic at 650 RPM|
|“||The Russian RPK-74M is a modernised variant of the RPK-74 and was developed in tandem with the AK-74M, intended to fill the automatic rifleman role in a Russian squad. The modernised version comes equipped with a folding stock, reinforced polymer furniture and also a dovetail side mount for the 1P78 2.8x scope.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The RPK-74 is a gas-operated, rotating closed-bolt light machine gun (LMG) and squad automatic weapon (SAW). It is designed by renown Russian designer Mikhail Kalashnikov in 1991 to replace Kalashnikov's previous LMG creation, the RPK-74. After the Soviet Army dissolved, the newly formed Russian Ground Forces adopted the RPK-74M as the standard LMG and SAW in 1991. The RPK-74M is literally the modified LMG variant of Kalashnikov's creation, the AK-74M, just like Kalashnikov's RPK-74 to the AK-74 and the RPK to the AKM. The RPK-74M is used only by the RGF.
Unlike the RPK-74, the RPK-74M incorporates a side-rack bracket to mount optics, a lower handguard, gas tube cover, pistol grip, and a new synthetic stock made from a black, fiberglass polyamide; unlike the traditional wooden stock in previous Kalashnikov rifles. However, still, the RPK-74M retains many features that are included in the RPK-74. Like its predecessor, the RPK-74, the RPK-74M uses 5.45x39mm cartridges.
- The RPK-74M magazine holds 45 rounds.
- Every 4th round of the RPK-74M is a tracer round.
- The RPK-74M is stated in-game to fire at a rate of 650 rounds per minute.
- The RPK-74M is only used by one faction; the Russian Ground Forces. It is issued to the Automatic Rifleman class.
- The abbreviation RPK from RPK-74M stands for Ruchnoj Pulemyot Kalashnikova (Ручной пулемёт Калашникова) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov hand-held machine gun". 74 stands for the year the RPK-74M's parent, the RPK-74, was designed, which is 1974. The M in RPK-74M means Modernizirovannyj (Модернизированный) which translates from Russian to English; "Modernized" or "Improved".