|Capacity||40-round detachable box magazine or 75-round drum magazine|
|Fire Mode||Semi-Automatic or Fully Automatic at 600 RPM|
|“||The Russian made RPK was designed in parallel with the AKM series of assault rifles as a light machine gun, intended to replace the belt-fed RPD light machine gun. Touting a longer barrel, larger drum & banana magazines and integrated folding bipod, it is capable of much longer periods of sustained fire compared to its assault rifle cousin, making it an ideal weapon for beefing up a squad's immediate firepower.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The RPK is a gas-operated, rotating closed-bolt light machine gun (LMG) and squad automatic weapon (SAW). It is designed by renown Russian designer Mikhail Kalashnikov in 1961 to become a standardized replacement of the RPD submachine gun. The RPK is adopted by the Soviet Army in the same year as the standard LMG and SAW. The RPK is literally the modified LMG variant of Kalashnikov's creation, the AKM. The RPK is used by numerous nations from Eastern Europe to Asia due to their affiliation to the Soviet Union. The RPK would be later succeeded by the newer version of the RPK, the RPK-74, as the standard LMG and SAW of the Soviet Army in 1974.
The RPK has a heavier and longer barrel than the AKM which can allow the gun to fire for a long period time without loss of accuracy due to the barrel heating up. The RPK also have a chrome-lined barrel permanently fixed to the receiver, new front sight base, bipod, gas block, wooden stock, wooden handguard, and an under-barrel cleaning rod guide. The RPK can either use a 45-round box magazine or a 75-round drum magazine. The RPK uses 7.62x39mm cartridges just like the AKM.
- The RPK can fire from a 40 round magazine or from a 75 round drum magazine.
- The RPK fires at a rate of 600 rounds per minute.
- The RPK is used by one faction, the Insurgents. It is issued to the Automatic Rifleman class. Direct Combat Automatic Rifleman use the RPK with 40 round magazines while the Fire Support use the RPK with 75 round drum magazines.
- The abbreviation RPK stands for Ruchnoy Pulemyot Kalashnikova (Ручной пулемёт Калашникова) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov hand-held machine gun".
- RPK on Wikipedia
- RPK vs. RPK-74 - Which one of them is better? (Video)