|This page is a Wiki Project.|
Welcome to the Main Page Redesign Contest page. This page will provide you with information needed to participate in the contest.
Goals of the contest
With fandoms global migration to the new design, the Squad Wiki's main page has changed too - we've heard many of you dislike the current look, thus we've decided to give it a rework.
The contest will start with a contribution phase, allowing everyone to add their entries. The entries considered a winner will be fine tuned during the feedback phase, afterwards a winner will be chosen and adopted.
The entries considered a winner will be fine tuned during the feedback phase, afterwards a winner will be chosen and adopted.
The winning design will be decided by a jury consisting of our most active contributors, the wiki team and some members of OWI.
To qualify your design must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Responsive (usable on different screen sizes, an dedicated mobile version would be fine as well!)
- Must represent all the major categories of content (e.g. maps, factions, servers etc.)
- Must be easily expandable
Our Goal is to fix this issues together with you - the squad community - to provide an more enjoyable experience tailored to the needs of the average squad wiki user.
To participate you can join the Squad Wiki Discord and upload your entry in the #main-page-redesign channel.
To allow anyone to enter, we will accept multiple types of entries:
- actual css (please post an link to your code and a screenshot of your design)
- A mock up wiki page (make sure to name the page "redesign_entry_yourname")
- digital images (please make sure to use .png or .jpg as file types)
- or hand drawn sketches (we will only accept scans / images that are clearly readable / without scan artifacts)
Please make sure to follow the Wiki Style Guidelines and the options for Wiki Navigation.
We will only be able to consider entries posted in the above mentioned channel prior to the end of the contribution phase.
Common requests will be added below.