United States Army
|Rate of fire||850 RPM|
|“||The M4 rifle is the carbine variant of the larger M16 series of rifles, first adopted by the US Army in the mid 1960s. The rifle fires the slim 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge, and is a lightweight combination of metal and polymer. Its light weight and high cyclic rate make it a very handy weapon in various combat environments. Due to US arms exports, it has seen a lot of use around the world in regular and unconventional armies.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The M4 Carbine is a gas-operated, rotating bolt carbine. The M4 was derived from a prototype in 1984 to the finalized version in 1993. The M4 Carbine is the shorter version of the M16A2 assault rifle. The M4 Carbine was later adopted by the US Army as the standard service assault rifle and carbine in 1994, replacing the M16 series assault rifles. The M4 would remain the standard infantry rifle of the US Army until 2014 where it is currently being replaced by its automatic variant, the M4A1.
The M4 Carbine incorporates a telescoping stock, picatinny rail, and 370 mm (14.5 in) barrel. Like all carbines, the M4 is compact in size and smaller than an average assault rifle so it is easier to handle and carry. The weapon overall is intended for short to medium range engagements out to 200 or even 300m. The M4 uses standard ghost-ring iron sights with a large post. The M4 Carbine is chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO.
It is accurate to about 3 MOA (approximately 9cm at 100m).
|United States Army||
||M4||Iron sights, ranging 100-600m||2 mags
||M4 + M68||Non-magnifying red dot sight, 100m zero||7 mags
|M4 + M150||Telescopic sight, fixed 4x, 100m zero||6 mags||Alpha 10|
|M4 M203 + M150||Telescopic sight, fixed 4x, 100m zero||7 mags||Features M203 under-barrel grenade launcher||Alpha 10|
|Irregular Militia||M4||Iron sights, ranging 100-600m||7 mags|
|M4 + M68||Non-magnifying red dot sight, 100m zero||7 mags|
- The M4 magazine holds 30 rounds.
- Can be fired on burst and semi-automatic.
- The M4 is used by the US Army and the Irregular Militia. The M4 used by the Irregular Militia comes with it's default plastic handguard while the one used by the US Army uses the SOPMOD package which features a RIS handguard which can use a wide variety of attachments including grips, laser sights, flashlights, etc. In squad, the attachments found on the M4 with the SOPMOD package include the TD Foregrip, M203, M68 CCO, M150 RCO and AN/PEQ-15 Laser Sight. The AN/PEQ-15 is purely cosmetic and doesn't serve any gameplay function.
- The sights for the M4 found in the US Army can be the Carry Handle (exclusive for both the Crewman and Lead Crewman) the M68 CCO (for the Grenadier, Light Anti-Tank and Heavy Anti-Tank) and the M150 RCO (for both Riflemen and Squad Leaders). The carry handle allows the user to zero the rifle for different ranges (from 100m to 600m), the M68 CCO allows the user to easily shoot at the enemies by only looking at the red dot in the center but only effective at close to medium range and the M150 RCO allows the user to easily see enemies from long distances as well as engage enemies at longer ranges without the need to zero the weapon, but making it less effective at close range.
- Riflemen equipped with the M4 with the ACOG attached will have 1 less magazine, 1 less frag grenade and no deployable sandbags with them. Squad leaders only have 1 less magazine with the ACOG equipped.
- The Irregular Militia Rifleman role only have access to the carry handle whereas Squad Leaders can use the M68 CCO attached on top of a carry handle.