|Users|| U.S. Army|
|Capacity||AP: 70/60; HE 230/150|
|Cartridge||25 x 137 mm|
|Fire Mode||Fully Automatic|
The M242 Bushmaster is a high caliber gun available in Squad.
The M242 Bushmaster is a 25 mm (25x137mm) chain-fed autocannon. It is used extensively by the US armed forces, as well as by NATO's and some other nations' forces in ground vehicles and watercraft.
It is an externally powered, chain driven, single-barrel weapon which may be fired in semi-automatic or automatic modes. It is fed by a metallic link belt and has dual-feed capability. The term "chain gun" derives from the use of a roller chain that drives the bolt back and forth.
The gun can destroy lightly armored vehicles, heavy armored vehicles and aerial targets (such as helicopters and slow-flying aircraft). It can also suppress enemy positions such as exposed troops, dug-in positions, and occupied built-up areas. The standard rate of fire is 200 rounds per minute. The weapon has an effective range of 3,000 meters, depending on the type of ammunition used.
- The M242 is available to three factions: the U.S. Army, Australian Army, and Canadian Army.
- Three factions have the M242 in their IFV's as main gun. Specifically, the US Army's M2A3 IFV and the Canadian Army's LAV 6.0 (+ ASLAV-25/LAV-25 in future). This makes it one the most widely used offensive vehicle armaments in the game.
- The effective range of the M242 is 2.2 kilometers with HE-I and 3.0 kilometers with APFSDS.
- It lies somewhere in between the faster firing 30mm 2A42/2A47 Shipunov of the Russian Ground Forces and Irregular Militia, and the slower but more powerful 30mm L21A1 RARDEN of the British Army. In terms of general use in-game, it is the most balanced out of all three main autocannons.
- If you attack from behind, you can kill ANY kind of vehicle (includes MBT's).
- 70 rounds of AP can kill 2 RGF IFV's (BTR/BMP).
The weapon was designed and originally manufactured by McDonnell Douglas (later acquired by the Boeing Corporation); however it is now produced by Alliant Techsystems (ATK) of Mesa, Arizona.