|Users||United States Army|
|Capacity||20-round detachable box magazine|
|“||The M110 semi-automatic sniper system is a rifle adopted by the US Army as a designated marksman rifle intended to engage targets far beyond the normal capabilities of the M4 service rifle. Firing the full sized 7.62x51 NATO cartridge and equipped with a 6x adjustable optic, the shooter can potentially engage targets out to 1000m under the right conditions.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The M110 SASS was designed in 2007 and adopted by the US Army as the standard semi-automatic sniper rifle/DMR in 2008. It is currently used by eight countries (including the United States of America).
The M110 is mainly based off of the SR-25/MK-11 sniper rifle but the added features that can help improve the quality and reliability of the M110. The M110 has a fixed, adjustable buttstock, URX modular rail system, flash hider, and a one-piece 30 mm scope. The sniper rifle/DMR uses 10-round/20-round detachable magazines and 7.62x51 mm NATO cartridges. The weapon is highly-rated by many users due to its performance and quality.
- Can be fired on only semi-automatic.
- The M110 SASS box magazine can hold 20 rounds.
- The M110 SASS is only used by one faction, the US Army. It is issued to the marksman class.
- In its first iteration, it was equpped with a TA31 4x ACOG optic. This was changed to a standard 10x Leupold scope with the V10 update. It has recently been changed to a 6x Leupold scope.
- The M110 SASS is currently being replaced in the US Army by the German G28, the sniper rifle/DMR version of the Heckler-Koch battle rifle HK417.
- M110 SASS on Wikipedia
- US Army
- M110 vs. the SVD - Including all available information about the M110.