Logistics enables teams to deploy and maintain a network of forward operating bases (or "FOBs") by providing building and ammunition supplies in bulk, so that friendly squad leaders can deploy spawn bunkers and other emplacements away from main. The goal of running logistics is to keep the team going while they attack and defend objectives far from main. It is a critical aspect of the game; how well or poorly a team runs logistics often determines the team's victory or defeat.
How to Run Logistics
There are two ways of getting supplies to a FOB:
Tip: The driver can decide which types of supplies to carry and how much of each. When you do a supply run, ask your Squad Leader how much of each type to bring.
Bringing Supplies From Main
- Return the empty logi vehicle to main (i.e. "Return to Base" or "RTB") and stop near a repair station.
- Load supplies into the vehicle by using the radial vehicle interaction menu (see Loading and Unloading Supplies). Note: Logi vehicles spawn with half construction and half ammo; if you don't want half and half, then first you must unload the supplies you don't want so that you can load the desired amount of each type.
- Bring the fully loaded logi vehicle to the FOB you are resupplying and stop within range.
- Unload the supplies via the vehicle interaction menu.
- Bring up the deployment screen (↵ Enter key by default).
- Click the cog wheel in the top right corner of the map.
- Click to enable range circles.
Transferring Supplies From Another FOB
The steps are nearly the same, except that instead of returning the vehicle to main:
- Bring the empty logi vehicle to, and stop within range of, another FOB.
- Load up supplies from the FOB you are taking supplies away from.
- Return the vehicle to the FOB you are resupplying and stop within range.
- Unload the supplies.
Loading and Unloading Supplies / Using the Radial Vehicle Interaction Menu
While the vehicle is stopped, any teammate in or next to the vehicle can load and unload supplies using the radial vehicle interaction menu.
Tip: Multiple players can load or unload supplies faster than one player at a time.
To activate the vehicle interaction menu, press-and-hold the F key by default. Within the menu, left-click-and-hold on the appropriate button to load or unload supplies.
The menu contains six buttons (clockwise):
- Load Constr. to Vehicle
- Unload Constr. Supplies
- Unload Ammo Supplies
- Load Ammo to Vehicle
- Switch to Crewman
Under certain conditions, the "Load" and "Unload" buttons turn red:
- The "Load" buttons turn red when the vehicle's supply cache is full.
- The "Unload" buttons turn red when the vehicle's supply cache is empty.
- The "Load" and "Unload" buttons turn red when the vehicle is moving too fast or not within range of a FOB or main.
The following screenshots show the vehicle interaction menu, its buttons, and their various states:
A conventional army logistics truck can carry a combined 3000 supply points, and a logistics technical can carry a total of 1400 supply points. A UH-60M helicopter can carry 1000 supply points and a Mi-8 helicopter can carry 1500 points. For example, a conventional army logistics truck can carry 3000 construction points and 0 ammo points if you want. You can just as easily carry 600 construction points and 2400 ammo points, it depends on what the situation calls for.
Many non-logistics vehicles can carry a small amount of ammo to resupply troops in the field. Just like the logistics vehicles, these ammo carrying non-logistics vehicles can pick up and drop off ammo from any FOB or from main.
Here are the logistics vehicles and their supply capacities. See all vehicles.
|US Army||British Army||Canadian Army||Russian Ground Forces||Irregular Militia||Insurgents|