|Users||Russian Ground Forces|
|Fire Mode||Automatic at 650-750 rp/m|
The Kord-12.7 mm heavy machine gun is a Russian design that entered service in 1998 replacing the older NSV machine gun. Externally the weapon resembles the NSV; however, the internal mechanism has been extensively reworked, changing from a horizontally pivoting breech block to a rotating bolt design. Additionally the gas system has been changed and the muzzle baffle redesigned. These changes give the weapon reduced recoil compared with the NSV, allowing greater accuracy during sustained fire.
- The Kord is available to the Russian Ground Forces and Middle Eastern Alliance.
- Several vehicles in Squad is armed with the Kord. Both Tigr-Ms of the Russian Ground Forces has the Kord as their primary weapons. The open-top variant has (x) rounds and (x) boxes, while the RWS variant has 450 continuous rounds and turret stabilization. It is also used by the Simir Kord of the Middle Eastern Alliance and it has (x) rounds and (x) boxes. The effective range of the Kord is 1.5 kilometers.
- Statistically speaking, it is exactly the same as the older NSV heavy machine gun. Rate of fire, damage, ammo penetration, firing sounds, effective range, and cartridge used are all the same. Gameplay-wise, the Kord is used only on light vehicles typically with iron sights, while the NSV is emplaced with an optic, and mounted to tanks as an extra weapon.
- Firepower of the 12.7x108mm cartridge should not be underestimated, as those bullets penetrate all current in-game armor (no MBT's or IFV's) and dispose of groups of enemy personnel with relative ease of pulling the trigger and holding it for a couple of seconds.
- Its fire rate is considerably higher than that of the M2A1, allowing the gunner to more liberally spray targets. Be careful however, as the machine gun can and will overheat with sustained fire.