statistics[edit | edit source]
General information[edit | edit source]
The FV432 was introduced in 1963 as the infantry carrier variant of the FV430 series of armored fighting vehicles. The FV432 became the most common variant, being purposed to transport infantry and later serving as fire support. Although it was planned for the FV432 to be replaced by the FV510, some of them were upgraded to modern standards in the British military while others became privately owned.
The FV432 weighs 15 tons (15.3 t). It is 5.25 m long, 2.8 m wide, and 2.28 m tall. The FV432 is operated by one crewmen driver and one passenger gunner. It is armed with a open-turret mounted .50 cal M2A1 Browning HMG and also has smoke dischargers. It can go up to a speed of 32 mph (52 km/h).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The FV432 is only used by the British Army.
- As of update B17 both the driver and the operator of the L111A1 .50 caliber machine gun can be equipped with any kit, and do not have to be Crewmen. The total carrying capacity is 1 Driver + 10 Passengers (one passenger operates the turret).
- As of update B20, there is now another FV432 variant: the FV432 RWS. The RWS variant is equipped with a remotely operated L7A2 general purpose machine gun, the exact same one used on the FV4034 main battle tank. This variant sacrifices the firepower of the L111A1 .50 caliber machine gun for the safe operation of the L7A2 RWS. The gunner on this variant is no longer exposed, but this variant can only really only be used against infantry and unarmored vehicles.
- The driver has access to a smoke generator to use. Simply press the Left Mouse Button when the engine is on to use it.
- Good off-road capability, and surprisingly fast (especially compared to wheeled vehicles). This is an oddly quick APC, do not underestimate it.
- Armoured protection is pretty decent. Your frontal and side armour is the strongest you have, weak points are the roof and rear doors.
- The .50 cal is capable of engaging lightly armoured vehicles, but the gunner only gets iron sights to engage targets, limiting long range accuracy.
- The gunner's seat of the regular variant is exposed to enemy fire, and a well-aimed shot is enough to put the gun out of action by killing the gunner. This usually discourages the crew from using this vehicle against other armored vehicles due to the exposed nature of the gunner.
- In the L37A2 RWS variant, every 100 bullets costs 75 ammo points to rearm.
FV432 .50cal Variant[edit | edit source]
|Main Armament||L111A1 Heavy Machine Gun||.50 BMG (12.7×99mm NATO)||10 x 100|
FV432 L37A2 RWS Variant[edit | edit source]
|Main Armament||L37A2 RWS||7.62x51mm||1 x 750|
|Countermeasure||Smoke Launcher||40 mm||2|
Matchups with vehicles of comparable role are as follows:[edit | edit source]
- M1126: The M1126 is faster than you, has around the same armour protection, and has the same weapon system except he has the benefit of an accurate CROWS .50 cal opposed to your iron sights. The M1126 can use its CROWS to engage from much longer range, and can also choose to retreat if you get the drop on it. Its maneuverability will aid an experienced driver when it comes to giving his gunner a shot on your weakened rear armour panels. The M240 CROWS M1126 can do no harm to your vehicle but can kill your gunner on the vanilla variant. Be on your guard when fighting the US Army.
- LAV III: The LAV III is essentially the same as the M1126 but with an extra gunner's seat for a C7A2 general purpose machine gun. This extra seat will not give it extra firepower against the FV432 aside from giving it an extra pair of eyes and a gun that can suppress and kill the gunner. It also has a C7 RWS and M2A1 RWS variant. The former can do nothing but kill your gunner while the latter poses the same threat as the M1126.
- MT-LB and MT-LBM: Around the same speed as you, but considerably weaker armour across the board. Armament varies depending on which faction you are fighting and what map it is on. PKT MT-LBs present no threat to you. NSVT MT-LBs can, technically speaking, destroy you, but it requires him to get directly behind you and dump rounds directly into the weakest part of your armour. Meanwhile, your .50 Cal can destroy him much faster. 30mm MT-LBMs are the only real danger. Their AP rounds can do significant damage if the gunner knows what he is doing. The more dangerous issue is that he can quite easily plaster your open-top turret with fire. They won't hurt the FV432 very much, but your gunner will soon be dead, leaving you unable to do much except retreat.
- BTR-80 and BTR-82A: Both vehicles are much faster than you, but have weaker armour protection. The KPVT of the BTR-80 can destroy you if he gets the drop on you and the gunner is experienced. The BTR-82A can do the same thing but is armed with a 30mm autocannon which will make mincemeat of your gunner. Once again, your armour will deflect hits that will kill your gunner. The best thing to do against the BTRs would be to locate and engage first or flank them.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- FV432 on Armed Forces
- FV432 on Wikipedia and Wikimedia
- British Army
- OWI releases FV432
- OWI reveals FV432