|Weapon class||Assault rifle|
|Rate of fire||650 RPM|
|“||The AKS-74 is the skeleton metallic stock variant of the AK-74 assault rifle, originally designed for paratroopers and air-assault units. Some paramilitary variants have the option of mounting the 1P29 4x scope.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The AKS-74 is a gas-operated rotating bolt assault rifle. The AKS-74 is probably designed by renown Russian firearm designer Mikhail Kalashnikov and it is a folding stock variant of Kalashnikov's AK-74 assault rifle.
Like its parent, the AK-74, the AKS-74 has a similar firing mechanism to the AKM assault rifle, iron sights, a new barrel with chrome-lined bore and 4 right hand grooves at a 200 mm (1:7.87 in) rifling twist rate, handguard, gas cylinder, and a spring washer, with the only difference being the AKS-74 having a side-folding metal shoulder stock instead of the laminated wooden buttstock. Also, the AKS-74 uses 5.45x39 mm cartridges just like its parent. The purpose of the folding stock of the AKS-74 is to make the weapon smaller when folded in order to make it easier of storage and containment.
- The AKS-74 magazine holds 30 rounds.
- Can be fired on automatic and semi-automatic.
- The AKS-74 is used by the Irregular Militia and Insurgents. It is issued to the Squad Leader, Medic, Rifleman, Light Anti-Tank classes for Irregular Milita, and the Cell Leader and Fighter classes for Insurgents.
- Available with 1P29 optical sight. Formerly with the 1P28 optical sight until it was replaced in Alpha v11 by the 1P29.
- Sight includes an older-styled trilux sight with an upside down obelisk reticle, zeroing capability out to 400m and also a built-in stadiametric rangefinder.
- The AKS-74 stands for Avtomat Kalashnikova Skladnoy obraztza 1974 goda (Автомат Калашникова Складной образца 1974 года) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov automatic rifle model 1974, Folding."