|Weapon class||Assault rifle|
|Rate of fire||600 RPM|
|“||The AKMS is a light, skeleton stock variant of the AKM rifle, designed for paratroopers. The removal of the fixed wooden stock makes it a less stable firing platform.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The AKMS is a long stroke piston operated, rotating bolt assault rifle. The AKMS is probably designed by renown Russian firearm designer Mikhail Kalashnikov and it is a folding stock variant of Kalashnikov's AKM assault rifle.
The AKMS has an under-folding metal shoulder stock, a slant cut muzzle brake, modified trigger assembly, iron sights, and gas block. Like its parent, the AKM, the AKMS uses 7.62x39 mm cartridges. The purpose of the folding stock of the AKMS is to make the weapon smaller when folded in order to make it easier of storage and containment.
- The AKMS magazine holds 30 rounds.
- Can be fired on automatic and semi-automatic.
- The AKMS is only issued to the Insurgents faction and is available to the Fighter and Light Anti-Tank classes.
- It is capable of effectively engaging targets as far as 300 meters away with reasonable accuracy.
- The AKMS stands for Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy Skladnoy (Автомат Калашникова Модернизированный Складной) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov automatic rifle, modernized, folding."
- During the alpha, the weapon was referred to as an "AKM-S."