|Weapon class||Assault rifle|
|Users||Russian Ground Forces|
|Rate of fire||650 RPM|
|“||The AK-74M is the modernized variant of the AK-74 rifle that is current service rifle for the Russian Armed Forces. It has a number of improvements including lightweight plastic furniture, folding stock and a dovetail side rail for mounting optics, like the 1P78 2.8x scope, or the 1P63 collimator sight. Its simplicity and specially designed muzzle brake makes it a formidable weapon for all seasons.||„|
|~ In-game description|
The AK-74M is a gas-operated and rotated bolt assault rifle. It is designed by renown Russian designer Mikhail Kalashnikov and the Izhmash factory in 1991. Originally designed to replace its parent, the AK-74, as the standard service rifle of the Soviet Army, it was later adopted by the Russian Ground Forces when the Soviet Army dissolved. The AK-74M is used by Russia as well as other countries such as Azerbaijan and Cyprus.
The AK-74M has basically adopted all its main features and functions from the AK-74. However, unlike the AK-74, the AK-74M incorporates a glass-filled polyamide folding stock, dovetail side rail, a modified muzzle brake, a smooth dust cover, a new front sight basement, plastic furniture, a reinforced dust cover clamp. The AK-74M is compatible with Soviet/Russian-made underbarrel grenade launchers such as the GP-25 and its dovetail side rail allows the installment of various collimator and optic sights, including the 1P78 Kashtan and PSO-1. Like its predecessor, the AK-74, the AK-74M uses 5.45x39mm cartridges.
The AK-74M is the standard issue rifle of the Russian Ground Forces. There are 7 unique variants in-game:
|Russian Ground Forces||
||AK-74M||Iron sights, ranging 100-1000m||7 mags
|AK-74M + 1P63||Non-magnifying collimator sight, 100m zero||7 mags|
|AK-74M + 1P78||Telescopic sight, fixed 2.8x, 100m zero||6 mags|
|AK-74M GP-25 + 1P78||Telescopic sight, fixed 2.8x, 100m zero||7 mags||Features GP-25 under-barrel grenade launcher|
|AK-74M Tracer||Iron sights, ranging 100-600m||7 mags||Tracer rounds|
|AK-74M Tracer + 1P63||Non-magnifying collimator sight, 100m zero||7 mags||Tracer rounds|
|AK-74M Tracer + 1P78||Telescopic sight, fixed 2.8x, 100m zero||6 mags||Tracer rounds|
- The AK-74M magazine holds 30 rounds.
- When the AK-74M is equipped by a Squad Leader, every 4th round is a tracer round.
- Can be fired on automatic or semi-automatic.
- Available with 1P78 Kashtan optical sight or with 1P63 Obzor collimator sight.
The AK-74M has much less bullet drop when compared to it's American counterpart, the M4A1. This is due to its smaller caliber.
- The abbreviation AK from AK-74M stands for Avtomat Kalashnikova (Автомат Калашникова) which means in English from Russian, "Kalashnikov automatic rifle". 74 stands for the year the AK-74M's parent, the AK-74, was designed, which is 1974. The M in AK-74M means Модернизированный which translates from Russian to English; "Modernized" or "Improved".